YES (Youth Eco Summit)
at Newington Armory, Sydney Olympic Park
Registrations are now open for the 2013 Youth Eco Summit (YES 2013).
YES 2013 is a unique, curriculum-based sustainability event for school students and their teachers. The program promotes student leadership and showcases sustainability achievements and practices in both primary and secondary schools. Choose from 1 of 2 action packed days.
In 2012 YES attracted 6000 Students, 160 Schools and over 40 program providers.
This year YES is going to be even BIGGER and will include:
Live international video conferences, more cultural performances, displays, career advice, teacher resources and more hands-on workshops than ever before to fully engage students from Stages 2-6.
YES will showcase sustainability in many forms including Business Innovation, Skills for the 21st Century, Agriculture, Social Inclusion & Equity, Strengthening Communities, Health and Well- being, Arts & Culture, Environment, Resource Management, Media & Communications and Advocacy.
Cost: Still only $5 per student
Schools register here
Providers register here
For more information email YouthEcoSummit@sydneyolympicpark.com.au
- Terms and Conditions
- Venue & Safety Assessment
What participants said about YES 2012:
- The connection the presenters made with the primary school kids was amazing. (Teacher)
- We had a fabulous time at the eco-summit. Congratulations on a job well done. (Teacher)
- I see this generation as the next leaders in the world... Students educated in that way are preparing our future. (Teacher)
- We have learned mostly about how we can do things to save the planet today. (Student)
- It’s about doing little things like turning off the television at the switch and walking instead of getting a bus. (Student)
- YES is all about encouraging students to stand up and be heard on important environmental issues, as well as providing guidance about careers and learning pathways. (Provider)
- We were very impressed with the layout, theme areas, expos and the number/range of presenters. (Provider)
- Congratulations to the team and all the Western Sydney schools involved for their commitment, organisation and success. (Senior staff of Western Sydney DEC)
- The extensive hands-on workshop program effectively linked students and teachers with a wide range of sustainability resources. (Senior staff of Western Sydney DEC)
YES is proudly presented by: