YES 21st Century Learning Awards
Entries are now open for the 2016 YES 21st Century Learning Awards
Do your students deserve local and global recognition?
Do you have 21st Century learning outcomes to share with other schools?
Can we showcase your achievements at the 2016 Youth Eco Summit?
The YES 21st Century Learning Awards recognise critical and creative thinking, inquiry, collaboration and problem solving around issues of sustainability.
Winners will be recognised at an awards day in August and be invited to share and display their achievements at the 2016 Youth Eco Summit, October 19&20.
Take Action for Sustainability
The 2016 Youth Eco Summit theme is Healthy People, Healthy Planet. Projects entered for the Awards should identify how healthy perspectives ignite action for sustainability. Healthy People, Healthy Planet connects personal, emotional, environmental and social wellbeing including peer relationships, active lifestyles, advocacy and positive choices to realising sustainable outcomes.
- Student groups from Primary and Secondary schools may enter
- More than one project may be submitted from each school
- Projects may be in any phase, ie planning, implementation, evaluation, extension
- Entries close at 5pm on Monday, 25 July 2016
- The most outstanding three entries in the Primary and Secondary categories will be recognised at an Awards Ceremony on Friday, 12 August 2016
- NRMA Motoring and Services will share entries on their website for the People’s Choice Award
- Winners will be invited to present their projects at the Youth Eco Summit in October 2016.
Complete Your Entry
Submit your students project here!
Find out more about awards evaluation criteria, or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
The Youth Eco Summit (YES) is a curriculum-based sustainability festival for school students and teachers. Recognised by the United Nations and the NSW Office of Environment & Heritage, YES engages students in learning through discovery, critical thinking and taking action locally and globally.