Sydney Olympic Park primary school excursions offer students an interactive experience in two dynamic locations:
- Bicentennial Park wetlands and parklands (outdoor field trips)
- EnergyAustralia Education Centre at Newington Armory (renewable energy excursions)
Our hands-on primary school programs support learning outcomes for Years 5–6. Field trips to Sydney Olympic Park are 2-hour or 4-hour duration with qualified, passionate educators. To see what students can experience take a look at our online virtual tours.
Stage 3 school excursions:
Outcomes and activities
Students explore a managed parkland or a renewable energy centre. Depending on the excursion, they may use primary science skills, observation, scientific equipment, assessment, data collection, mapping and other fieldwork to discover:
- how natural and built environments have transformed over 200 years
- how renewable energy is made, transformed and used
- how we might protect and conserve biodiversity.
Activities are challenging and exploratory, and may include:
- water quality assessment
- testing wind turbines and other renewable energy sources
- visit to a bush tucker garden
- mangrove ecosystem exploration.
Free PDHPE activity
Combine your Sydney Olympic Park field trip with a PDHPE activity. This self-service extension option is totally free. There are plenty of wide open spaces at the Park for students to run around and practise their sports skills. So grab our specially designed kit with activity instructions and support equipment (balls, hoops, witches hats, parachutes, team sashes and more). Did we mention it’s free? Simply enquire when booking your Stage 1 excursion to Sydney Olympic Park.
Bookings for all school trips: Phone 02 9714 7888
Excursions booking forms and information