Preparing for the Day
- Education Centre, Bicentennial Park (PDF 31KB)
- Education Centre, Newington Armory (PDF 32KB)
- Urban Centre (PDF 24KB)
- Youth Eco Summit (YES) (PDF 42KB)
- ARTEXPRESS at the Armory (PDF 32KB)
Duty of Care
What to Bring
- insect repellent
- wet weather gear.
Please apply insect repellent and sunscreen to students as soon as you get to the park in preparation for your excursion.
What to Wear
Getting Here and Parking
Directions to our various Education Centres are available below:
- Bicentennial Park - The bus drop off area and all day bus parking is in Carpark P10f in Bicentennial Park – follow the signs to the Education Centre through Bicentennial Park.
There is a 200m walk to the Education Centre from the bus drop off point.
- Newington Armory - Entry to Newington Armory is off Jamieson Street, Silverwater. The bus will be met at the Newington Armory Jamieson Street gate by an Education team member who will escort the bus through the Armory to the Education Centre.
The bus can park within Newington Armory for the day. The bus must stay wholly within the paved surfaces at all times.
- Urban Centre - This is only for Year 9 Geography – Changing Australian Communities excursions. (Year 12 Urban Places excursions still meet at Bicentennial Park). Buses drop the students off at Cathy Freeman Park on Olympic Boulevard (opposite ANZ Stadium). Buses can then park in the Coach Bays (B & C) or in Bicentennial Park P10f for the day. Pick up will be at Cathy Freeman Park
When you arrive please assemble your classes into groups of no-more than 30 per class. Students should use the bathrooms located next to the Education Centre upon arrival, teachers can access the facilities inside the Education Centre including bathrooms and coffee and tea provisions.
Sydney Olympic Park Lodge is located within Newington Armory, which was established in 1897 and features over 100 heritage buildings set on 52 hectares. The Lodge offers basic dorm style group accommodation with bunk beds and shared bathroom facilities, as well as a large dining hall which doubles as an indoor meeting space.
Watch a virtual tour of The Lodge.
For more information call 02 9714 7345.