Secondary School Programs
Terms 1 & 2 are now fully booked. Bookings for Terms 3 and 4 are now open.
Learning comes alive on Sydney Olympic Park educational field trips!
Secondary school excursion programs are field-based, with curriculum outcomes linked to syllabus areas in Geography, Science, Biology, Senior Science, Mathematics and Design and Technology. To see what students can experience take a look at our online virtual tours.
Field trips are available to all schools in the following subject areas:
Secondary school excursions at Sydney Olympic Park provide a unique learning experience. We have:
- over 20 years experience in environmental education
- qualified, passionate educators
- fun and interactive outdoor fieldwork activities
- dynamic learning with over 200 hectares of parklands and 175 hectares of wetlands – the largest mangrove forest in Sydney’s catchment
- a nationally recognised recycled water facility and a 100% renewable energy education centre
- centrally located for easy access by bus or train
- accomodation for school groups available.
- easy parking for buses and excellent facilities for school groups, including accommodation packages at Sydney Olympic Park Lodge.
In Term 1, the ‘Mangrove Classroom Bridge’ in the Badu Mangroves will be closed as a replacement bridge is being built.Disruption to school excursion programs should be minimal as we are adapting our logistics accordingly. The bridge works provide an authentic conversation around sea level rise and the future of built and natural environments.