For the Central Precinct to have more character and act as a buffer zone for residential buildings from event noise, some of the enhancements will be:
- a new shopping area created around a new park on Herb Elliott Avenue
- more after hours activities bringing the Park alive at night everyday
- the construction of light rail connecting the Park with Parramatta and Strathfield
- new walking and cycle paths across the Park
- changes to building heights enabling more people to enjoy living and working at the Park
All new developments will need to meet the mandatory design excellence guidelines ensuring a high quality environment for all to use.