Sydney Olympic Park is a great place to cycle
Discover over 35km of safe cycling pathways and see Olympic icons, spectacular parklands and areas of cultural heritage along the way.
- Bring your own bikes to enjoy this family-friendly activity for free, or hire a bike 7 days a week (Bike hire 02 9746 1572)
- Discover our hidden gems including lookouts, bird hides, wildlife refuges, mangrove boardwalks, shipwrecks and outdoor art.
- Choose from 3 great Bike Safari Circuits (for ages 5+) depending on riding ability and what you would like to see.
- Enjoy child-friendly cycleways including the Children’s Loop in Bicentennial Park.
- Find out the best way to get to the Park by bike.
- enjoy fun pit-stops and facilities including playgrounds, picnic areas, bubblers and toilets.
Racing cyclist lanes
Sydney Olympic Park offers a network of quality on-road cycle lanes for race training, on smooth surfaced roads with low traffic (outside event times). All cycle lanes are well marked and signposted to Australian Standards.
BMX and Mountain X Monster Tracks bike tracks
Safe bike riding tips
- Pathways are there to share but pedestrians always have right of way
- No faster than 20 kph for cyclists on shared pathways
- Keep to the left so others can pass safely
- Use your bell to announce your presence especially when approaching from behind
- Look both ways when crossing roads. Practice your traffic safety skills
- It’s the law to always wear a helmet
- Stay on marked pathways. Don't cycle on gravel paths in Narawang Wetlands or on timber boardwalks
- Help keep frogs, turtles and other wildlife safe by shutting all exclusion gates behind you
- Respect your Park by leaving the plants and wildlife undisturbed for everyone to enjoy
View all the family fun activities at Sydney Olympic Park. You'll be spoilt for choiceMore info »