Vacation Care groups
Plan a day out for your Vacation Care group. Check out what's happening across the Park, and choose from 10 exciting options at Newington Armory and one at Bicentennial Park.
Some inspirational ideas for your group include:
|Circus Skills Workshop||ANZ Stadium Explore Tour||Urban Jungle Adventure Park|
|Space Racing||Clue Trails||Splasher's Water Playground|
Newington Armory for Vacation Care
The Newington Armory Heritage Precinct is an ideal destination for your next vacation care excursion. With over 10 activities on offer, including low cost and free options, you are bound to have a fabulous day out. Amongst the range of activities there is something suitable for children of all ages.
Located on the Parramatta River, Newington Armory can be reached by ferry, bus or private vehicle and is open from 9am-5pm every day during the school holidays.
For assistance to schedule your visit to the programs at Newington Armory please contact the Visitor Services Coordinators on email or phone 97147888.
Visiting groups can take part in a number of activities and programs including:
1. Armory Adventure
Imagine living at the Armory. Some children lived here with their families when it was a working Armament Depot, between 1897 to 1999. This activity includes stories of the workers and a snapshot of what life was like for the kids who lived here. Includes a walk through the lantern tunnel by torchlight and making and playing a simple kids game from the “good old days”!
When: Available in the July and September/October 2017 school holidays.
Cost: $240 per group of 20
2. A group visit to the Birdlife Discovery Centre at the edge of Newington Nature Reserve
Enjoy a short walk with a Birdlife Australia Volunteer. Learn about the beautiful birds that share your backyard and from May to November watch live EagleCam to learn the secrets of the resident White-bellied sea eagles.
When:Mid week visits are by arrangement only and must be pre-booked.
Cost: Gold Coin donation per participant.
Contact: Call 02 9647 1033 or email for more information
3. Play a game of Disc Golf – Bring your own Disc or Frisbee to play. Discs available for hire at the Armory Visitor Centre or Bike Hire. Groups should pre-book to collect hire discs by emailing Download game instruction and map.
4. Do the kids in your group love a puzzle or a mystery? Then the Clue Trail is ideal for them. This free self guided activity is downloadable so grab a pencil and set your off is small groups to explore and reveal the secret message. This walking activity has with a non reader version available.
5. If the kids in your group love compass trails and treasure hunts then Crack the Code is the right direction to go. Can you find the right direction and crack the code? All you need for this free self guided activity is a pencil and a compass plus downloadable activity sheet.
6. Go bike riding – hire a bike or bring you own. For maps and hire information available on the webpage.
7. Amazing Chase is a free bike based treasure hunt, which is great for older kids who are steady on their wheels and ready to explore. Download the activity sheet and run this as group activity or make small teams and run a time trial to see which team is the fastest to complete the course and find all the answers.
8. Visit the Armory Gallery and see the latest art exhibition, upcoming exhibitions include: including Operation Art, Express at the Armory and many more.
9. Enjoy a Segway Fun Ride (minimum age 9 years and minimum weight 30kg). Open daily between 10am to 3.30pm this is an option for older adventurers. Cost is $35 per person.
10. Visit the biggest and best playground in Sydney at Blaxland Riverside Park, located adjacent to Newington Armory.
Bicentennial Park for Vacation Care
Park Patrol - Spiders
Come for a walk to discover what lies hidden in the wetlands. In autumn, spiders are busy spinning their webs while other creatures build safe homes in preparation for winter and their habits are quite fascinating. Look carefully to see what is camouflaged in and around the Park. Each participant will take home a spider fact sheet.
When: Stay tuned for future dates
Cost: $240 per group of 20
Click to see more Kids in The Park school holiday activities.