NRL Grand Final - arrive early for pre-match entertainment
29 Sep 2011
Sydney Olympic Park Authority will present FREE family entertainment from 12.15pm – 8.30pm, in and around Cathy Freeman Park (opposite ANZ Stadium) and at Fig Grove (near the Aquatic Centre) before the NRL Grand Final on Sunday, 2 October 2011.
LIVE MUSIC AND OTHER ON-STAGE ENTERTAINMENT:
- The Good Stuff, cover band
- Achtung Baby, U2 cover band
- Emma Donovan, Indigenous singer/songwriter
- Sean Choolburra, Indigenous comic entertainer
SEA OF HANDS ART INSTALLATION
The huge display at Cathy Freeman Park will feature 30,000 plastic hands in the colours of the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander flags. Each hand bears an Australian’s signature, and visitors to the Park will have the opportunity to contribute to the display to show their support for Native Title and Reconciliation.
FOOD AND DRINK
- Internationally-themed food stalls along Olympic Boulevard and at Fig Grove
- Bar at Cathy Freeman Park from 12.15pm-8.30pm
- The Brewery at Novotel hotel. Bar and bistro, indoor and outdoor seating, TAB, big-screen live broadcast
- More than 30 other eating options across Sydney Olympic Park