River Rhythms - FREE Sunday music performances
28 Sep 2011
The FREE River Rhythms spring 2011 outdoor concert series will see a talented mix of musicians perform live for visitors at Sydney Olympic Park, from 1pm-4pm every Sunday in October and November (starting 9 October).
Perfect for picnicking families and lunching diners at the award-winning Armory Wharf Café or nearby Canteen, where an assortment of seasonal flowers are in-bloom and a water backdrop makes the Armory Wharf the perfect location for alfresco entertainment, the River Rhythms spring 2011 program includes...
FREE RIVER RHYTHMS SPRING 2011 PROGRAM:
- 9 OCT – Scotty Baker (Rockability): Scotty’s honest lyrics and raw vocal style is influenced by the "Sun Records" stable of stars including Johnny Cash, Roy Orbison, and Elvis Presley. He will be backed by Aussie legend Pat Capocci, and when the two share the stage you get the perfect combination of Rockabilly, Rock n' Roll, Country, and Hillbilly.
- 16 OCT – The Glamma Rays (Vocal): With their gorgeous retro look, timeless original tunes and mesmerising harmonies, Jodi Phillis, Malika Elizabeth, Genevieve Davis and Tiffany Sinton can soothe souls and melt hearts.
- 23 OCT – Evelyn Duprai (Jazz): Evelyn has worked with the best of the best in Australian music. She regularly tours as a soloist with James Morrison and is fast establishing herself as a vocalist who mirrors the tone and sentiment of the jazz vocal pioneers.
- 30 OCT – Eric Ramussen (Soul): Eric has performed in shows and tours with a variety of stars including Human Nature, Marcia Hines, Smokey Robinson and Cyndi Lauper to name a few. He performs in a soulful groove, singing and playing a selection of Rhythm & Blues, Soul, Funk and Motown classics such as Mustang Sally and I Feel Good.
- 06 NOV – Monica Trapaga (Swing): Monica is one of Australia's most successful and versatile celebrities. Her extensive repertoire of swinging jazz and classic standards will provide a show with something for those who love cool jazz. Sydney's favourite cowboy Christian Power and his Lonesome Train will add a unique blend of favourites and fun duets.
- 13 NOV – Gary Johns (Jazz): Gary’s original works have been showcased on national radio as well as high rating national TV programs and various films. Gypsy Jazz, Jump Swing, Blues, Roots and Jazz all elegantly played.
- 20 NOV – Camille and Stuey French (Country): Stuey is one of Australia's finest guitar pickers and Camille, who boasts a voice as smooth as velvet, was the backing singer of choice for Kasey Chambers, Gina Jeffreys and others, before launching her own career. Together, Camille and Stuey mix jazz, country and popular ballads with sassy duets.
- 27 NOV – Danielle Blakey (Country / Pop): Danielle is a young singer/songwriter who blends the elements of pop, country, rock and a touch of jazz to create her unique sound. She has no shortage of experience in the music industry and was a Music Oz Finalist in 2007, a Tamworth Toyota Star Maker Finalist, and has also toured Europe and the US.
The Armory Wharf at Newington Armory can be accessed via Jamieson Street at Sydney Olympic Park. FREE parking is available at Blaxland Riverside Park and the site can be accessed via public transport.