Final week of school holiday freedom
17 Jan 2012
Sydney Olympic Park’s boredom-busting Kids in the Park program will continue until the final day of the summer school holidays on Sunday 29 January 2012. Ten highlight activities scheduled for the final week (22-29 January) are:
- FREE AFL CLINICS for kids aged 5-12 who are keen to stay active, meet new friends and learn new skills to-boot! Kicking-off at 9.30am on 23 and 25 January, the one-hour clinic will be held at Wentworth Common Playground.
- AC MILAN JUNIOR SOCCER CAMP is ideal for budding soccer stars aged 6-13. The professionally-instructed three-day camp from 23-25 January cost $380 per child and will run from 9am-3pm at the Sydney Olympic Park Athletic Centre.
- KITES AND CAKE is the perfect treat for younger kids. After constructing kites and sending them soaring high in the sky, kids get scrumptious cake and juice at Lilies on the Park café. The one-hour activity on 25 January cost only $19 per child.
- TENNIS for kids aged 6-16 will swing into action on 23 January for a four-day workshop at the Tennis Centre. Costing $130 for all four days, the action-packed three and a half hour workshop from 9am will help kids develop their game.
- DIGITAL FILMMAKING skills in scriptwriting, filmmaking and editing will be offered at Newington Armory during a comprehensive three-day workshop from 24-26 January. Presented by Cinewest, the workshop costs $275 per child, 9-17.
- MINI GOLF is good-value family fun at only $6 per player – including a ball, putter and scorecard. The Sydney Olympic Park Golf Centre’s Australiana-themed classic 18-hole obstacle course is open daily from 8am-10pm.
- WRITING WORKSHOPS presented by Vogel-Award winning author, Bernard Cohen, will be held at the Education Centre Tour at Bicentennial Park on 23, 24 and 25 January.
- FREE AUSTRALIA DAY CELEBRATIONS from noon at Bicentennial Park will include everything from face-painting and pony rides, to whip-cracking, sheep-shearing and a multicultural mix of music and dance before a big fireworks finish!
- FREE MOVIES BY THE BOULEVARD will end on Sunday 22 January with a Short Soup festival of international short films (various ratings). Food and beverages available from 6pm and movies will commence on the big-screen at 8.30pm.
- SANITARIUM WEET-BIX KIDS TRY-ATHLON is an annual event for kids aged 7-15 who swim, run and cycle. To be held on the final day of the Kids in the Park program, Sunday 29 January, the triathlon costs $40 per child and will start at 7am.
Designed to entertain and educate kids of all ages and interests, Kids in the Park makes Sydney Olympic Park the official home of the BIGGEST range of school holiday activities of any precinct in NSW!
The summer Kids in the Park program has been running since the first day of the school holidays and boasts a line-up of more than 50 activities, including loads of FREE and good-value options at less than $20 per person.
For more information, visit kidsinthepark.com.au or call the Sydney Olympic Park Infoline on 02 9714 7888.
FOR ALL MEDIA ENQUIRIES PLEASE CONTACT: Susan Darwiche or Louise Di Francesco of Verve Communications
T: (02) 8006 1929 M: 0414 706 704 (Susan) or 0418 617 869 (Louise) E: email@example.com