Cathy Freeman Park
Located in the town centre, Cathy Freeman Park has huge shady trees and easy access to many of our magnificent facilities.
Things to do at Cathy Freeman Park:
- Picnic on the grassy expanses with the famous Olympic Stadium (now ANZ Stadium) as backdrop
- See the Olympic Cauldron
- Walk, run or cycle along the shared pathways
- Take your dog for a walk (on-leash at all times in this Park)
- Play in one of our playgrounds
- Relax in our cafes, restaurants and bars
- Play outdoor chess with the oversized chess set
- Enjoy our extraordinary artworks:
- Take the kids to one of the Kids in the Park fun activities held here every school holidays
- Get comfy with a cushion for free movies under the stars at Movies by the Boulevard in January
Please note: Well behaved dogs are welcome on a leash in all areas except for Newington Armory, Brickpit Ringwalk, unsealed paths in Narawang Wetland, and Badu Mangroves (in Bicentennial Park). Owners should comply with the signposted 'no dogs' areas that are protecting sensitive habitats for local wildlife.There is also an off-leash dog area near P5a car park off Hill Road.