Wentworth Common is a large open grassy park sheltered by surrounding trees and nestled where Haslams Creek enters Homebush Bay. This Park features a playground, picnic shelters, BBQ, toilets and its own car park. It’s open every day of the year, sunrise to sunset.
Things to do at Wentworth Common
Enjoy a picnic on the grass or under a shady shelter
- Have your own sausage sizzle on the free BBQ
- Explore the range of kids activities at the adventure playground with its enormous sandpit, slide, climbing frame, swings and shade sails
- Take a fun ride on the flying fox with a soft sand landing
- Clamber on the large stone sculptures of the lizard and frog
- Walk, run or cycle along the shared pathways
- Ride or walk the spiralling pathway to the top of the Bay Marker lookout for views over the wetlands, Haslams Creek, Homebush Bay and the city skyline.
- Take your dog for a walk (on-leash at all times in this Park)
- Admire the strangely beautiful structure of the park's Water Recycling and Management System (WRAMS)
- Hire the Banquet Tables or the Wentworth Common Oval for your family and friends or corporate event
Please note: Well behaved dogs are welcome on a leash in all areas except for Newington Armory, Brickpit Ringwalk, unsealed paths in Narawang Wetland, and Badu Mangroves (in Bicentennial Park). Owners should comply with the signposted 'no dogs' areas that are protecting sensitive habitats for local wildlife.There is also an off-leash dog area near P5a car park off Hill Road.