Disarmed at the ArmoryMonday - Friday, between 9am-5pm, pending group bookings - Newington Armory
Reflect upon the past as you explore Newington Armory. Listen to stories of depot working life during its years operating as a Naval Armament Depot. Take time to view displays of armaments and other equipment. Tour includes small amount of walking. The tour highlights include:
- Dedicated Tour Guide for every 20 participants
- Tour commentary aboard the heritage train.
- Guided exploration of the original 1897 precinct and wharf.
- A torch lit walk through the lantern passageways of the original gunpowder magazine (not open to the public).
- Access to former explosives storehouse and laboratory.
- Interpretive working life display and armament display.
- Exclusive access to Newington Armory and the Heritage Train.
Group Size: for up to 40 participants
Age: suitable for adults
Tour Duration: 2 hours
Tour Cost: For up to 40 participants $640 (from just $16 per person)
Available Monday to Friday, speak to the bookings coordinator to determine a suitable time for your group.
For more information and bookings: 9714 7888
For shorter family fun rides check out Riding the Rails, offered every Sunday.
A shorter Heritage Railway Discovery Tour is also offered every Sunday to the general public (however this does not access the same buidings as the Disarmed at the Armory Tour).
- From $640 for up to 40 participants
- Call 9714 7888. Available Monday to Friday, speak to the bookings coordinator to determine a suitable time for your group.
- All Ages
- More info:
- Call 9714 7888.