Virtual art-making lessons are back for Operation Art 2021, to class groups of students in Stages 1 – 3 in schools across NSW!
Students will see some of the amazing artworks that have been submitted by school students across NSW for Operation Art 2021 and then participate in an interactive art-making lesson with artist and teacher, Trevor McDonald.
Please complete the enquiry form to register your interest for an Operation Art Virtual Workshop.
This virtual excursion will address the following Visual Arts outcomes for each relevant stage:
Stage 1 Outcomes
- VAS1.1: Makes artworks in a particular way about experiences of real and imaginary things.
- VAES1.2: Experiments with a range of media in selected forms.
- VAS1.3: Realises what artists do, who they are and what they make.
Stage 2 Outcomes
- VAS2.2: Uses the forms to suggest the qualities of subject matter.
- VAS2.4: Identifies connections between subject matter in artworks and what they refer to, and appreciates the use of particular techniques.
Stage 3 Outcomes
- VAS3.1: Investigates subject matter in an attempt to represent likenesses of things in the world.
- VAS3.2: Makes artworks for different audiences assembling materials in a variety of ways.
- VAS3.4: Communicates about the ways in which subject matter is represented in artworks.
Resources required – all students participating must have access to the following materials:
- Lead pencils
- Coloured pencils
- Coloured texta markers
- White A4 paper
- A4 coloured and patterned paper cut into A4 & A5 pieces (as much variety as possible)
- Glue sticks