If you'd like to have your say on the proposed $810 million redevelopment of Stadium Australia (ANZ Stadium), the NSW Department of Planning, Industry and Environment is keen to hear your views.
Community feedback on the plan is now being accepted, and submissions can be made from Thursday 26 September until Wednesday 23 October 2019.
The proposal for the redevelopment of the stadium includes:
- Reconfiguring the playing field from an oval to a rectangular shape;
- Redeveloping the lower and middle tiers of seating to increase the steepness of the seating bowl and provide a better view;
- Reducing ground capacity from 83,500 to 70,000 (plus an additional 20,000 people for concerts);
- Replacing the northern and southern roof sections and exending the existing eastern and western sections of the roof;
- Demolishing portions of the northern and southern facades to provide new entrances at these ends, including new facades and a double-height concourse;
- Upgrading concession areas, bathrooms, team facilities, member and corporate facilities, press and broadcast facilities, and back-of-house areas;
- Providing two new advertisement signs, one each at the northern and southern facades; and
- Establishing a temporary construction compound, which would involve the removal of four trees.
To make a submission or view the Environmental Impact Statement (EIS), visit the Department of Planning, Industry and Environment website.