Based on community feedback for more family friendly spaces and more dog friendly spaces, we are happy to announce that Bicentennial Park will be receiving a welcome upgrade of facilities that will include:
- off-leash dog park to enjoy with man’s best friend – the area will be fenced with two separate dog exercise areas, waste bins, water bubbler and park furniture.
- junior playground designed for younger children to enjoy – the playground will include seating for carers, waste bins, a water bubbler, park furniture and landscape planting
- charcoal BBQ facility for picnics – this area will have custom designed surfaces for patrons individual charcoal BBQ’s, a hot embers disposal bin and access to water
Bicentennial Park - the off-leash dog park and junior playground will be located between the Bennelong Parkway pedestrian bridge and Bicentennial Drive. The charcoal BBQ area will be adjacent to the Village Green Playground.
What to expect
- disruption to usual access - the grassed areas where the works are located will be unavailable for use during the construction period
- minor vehicle and pedestrian delays when construction vehicles are navigating the site
- there will be some noise from the works during weekdays
- temporary traffic control and directional signage will be in place at all times to ensure safe movement around the work area.
- entry to adjacent properties will be maintained at all times.
Early July to end of November 2021. Work on the site will only be carried out during weekdays, however, the site areas will be fenced off and will not be available for use.