Newington Armory has evolved from its military-industrial origins into a unique arts precinct, including a theatre, outdoor amphitheatre, artist studios and an exhibition space, which features the longest continuous gallery wall in Australia!
The Armory has free exhibitions throughout the year, plus film festivals, public art, cultural activities and kids activities.
- Enjoy the guided Heritage Railway Discovery Tour every Sunday from 9.30am to 10.45am.
- ‘Ride the Rails’ of the historic railway that was once used to move missiles and torpedoes around the Armament Depot. Every Sunday 11am to 1pm, every half hour.
- Check out arts activities offered throughout the year at the Armory Gallery, Theatre and studios.
- Group train rides, book weekdays or Saturday.
- Ride a Segway or a bike, and visit the BirdLife Discovery Centre or play Disc Golf.
- Bring family and friends to play on the netball or football fields within the Armory.
- Enjoy fresh seasonal food and riverside views at the Armory Wharf Cafe.
- Explore the nearby Blaxland Riverside Park. Don’t miss the double flying fox, tunnel slides and water feature.
Things to do: