Discover over 35km of safe cycling pathways and see Olympic icons, spectacular parklands and areas of cultural heritage along the way!
Download the Bike Safari Map (PDF 4MB)
- Bring your own bikes to enjoy this family-friendly activity for free, or hire a bike 7 days a week (Bike hire 02 9746 1572)
- Discover our hidden gems including lookouts, bird hides, wildlife refuges, mangrove boardwalks, shipwrecks and outdoor art.
- Choose from 3 great Bike Safari Circuits (for ages 5+) depending on riding ability and what you would like to see.
- Enjoy child-friendly cycleways including the Children’s Loop in Bicentennial Park.
- Find out the best way to get to the Park by bike.
- Enjoy fun pit-stops and facilities including playgrounds, picnic areas, bubblers and toilets.
Relive memories of the best Games ever! Starting within the Town Centre, take a journey past state-of-the-art Olympic icons. Marvel at breathtaking architecture of Olympic venues like ANZ Stadium, view the Olympic Cauldron in the Cathy Freeman Park and check out the Games Memories poles installation, a tribute to the Sydney 2000 Olympic Games.
Moderate. Suits adults and children +5 years
Olympic Park station
River Heritage Circuit
Meandering along the scenic Parramatta River, this circuit takes in the naval heritage precinct Newington Amory and neighbouring woodlands. The trail continues through wetlands - home to frog and bird habitats - passing by the green community of Newington, the former athletes village of the Sydney 2000 Games. To finish on a high, rise to the challenge and climb one of the wonderful vantage points. Follow the gentle rise to the top of Wool-la-ra or ride up the spiral trail of the Haslam’s Creek Marker. Both with panoramic views of the entire Park and city skyline – it’s well worth the effort!
Moderate. Suits adults and children +7 years
Woo-la-ra carpark, Olympic Park station or Wilson Park
A must see for nature lovers, this circuit begins in the tranquil atmosphere of Bicentennial Park. Ride around the edge of picturesque Lake Belvedere and take advantage of fabulous bbq, picnic facilities and kids learn to ride loops. The trail continues out to the Badu Mangroves boardwalk showcasing this amazing marine ecosystem. Ride on to the Bird Hide and Waterbird Refuge - a highlight for bird-lovers and look out for the historic ship wrecks which now rest in the bay.
Low. Suits adults and children +5 years